WELLNESS COMPLETE HEALTH Small Breed Puppy Dry Dog Food
With mighty souls but little bodies, your small breed puppy has a unique physical composition that creates special nutritional needs. Our Small Breed Complete Health Puppy Turkey, Oatmeal & Salmon Meal Recipe is designed to support the unique health needs of smaller dogs through nutrient-rich whole foods.
- DHA- Supports Healthy Brain Development- We guarantee the level of DHA on every bag. Research suggests this important fatty acid helps support cognitive development, vital to learning and training.
- Antioxidant-rich fruits & veggies and vitamins & minerals help support healthy growth.
- Energy for Growth & Play- Carbohydrates provide energy. We use oatmeal, barley and brown rice because they’re easy to digest and full of nutrients. Just the right amount of high-quality protein and fat also help to keep up with their high energy needs.
- Up to 50% Longer Life Spans- With a life expectancy of up to 20 years, small breed’s life-systems need nutritional support to stay strong. Our Complete Health Recipe is packed with antioxidant-rich fruits and veggies, vitamins and minerals to help support cellular health.
- Smaller Digestive Tracts- Small breeds need to get lots of nutrition from the little portions they consume. We include live, naturally-occurring microorganisms to support digestive health and we ensure optimal nutrient absorption through our Digestool® confirmation studies – less nutrients in the stool, means more nutrients in the body.
- Need for Skin & Coat Support- Life indoors with extra lap time and petting means that little dogs need nourished skin that produces a healthy coat. To support healthy skin, we add flaxseed and salmon oil as part of our WellCoat® Omega 3 & Omega 6 Mix.
Available in: 4 lb. & 12 lb. bags.
Deboned Turkey, Chicken Meal, Oatmeal, Salmon Meal, Ground Barley, Ground Brown Rice, Chicken Fat (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Rye Flour, Tomato Pomace, Menhaden Fish Meal, Natural Chicken Flavor, Pea Fiber, Tomatoes, Salmon Oil, Ground Flaxseed, Carrots, Spinach, Potassium Chloride, Salt, Sweet Potatoes, Apples, Blueberries, Vitamin E Supplement, Choline Chloride, Mixed Tocopherols added to preserve freshness, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate, Taurine, L-Carnitine, Zinc Proteinate, Zinc Sulfate, Calcium Carbonate, Niacin, Ferrous Sulfate, Iron Proteinate, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Beta-Carotene, Chicory Root Extract, Vitamin A Supplement, Copper Sulfate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Manganese Sulfate, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Sodium Selenite, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Biotin, Calcium Iodate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Folic Acid, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Dried Lactobacillus plantarum Fermentation Product, Dried Enterococcus faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus casei Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus Fermentation Product, Rosemary Extract, Green Tea Extract, Spearmint Extract.
This is a naturally preserved product.
|Crude Protein||Not Less Than||28.00%|
|Crude Fat||Not Less Than||18.00%|
|Crude Fiber||Not More Than||4.00%|
|Moisture||Not More Than||11.00%|
|Calcium||Not Less Than||1.25%|
|Phosphorus||Not Less Than||0.90%|
|Vitamin E||Not Less Than||400 IU/kg|
|Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)*||Not Less Than||100 mg/kg|
|Omega 6 Fatty Acids*||Not Less Than||4.00%|
|Omega 3 Fatty Acids*||Not Less Than||0.60%|
|Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA)*
||Not Less Than||0.13%|
|Beta-Carotene*||Not Less Than||5 mg/kg|
|L-Carnitine*||Not Less Than||100 mg/kg|
|Taurine*||Not Less Than||0.09%|
|Total Lactic Acid Microorganisms (Lactobacillus plantarum, Enterococcus faecium, Lactobacillus casei, Lactobacillus acidophilus in equal amounts)*||Not Less Than||20,000,000 CFU/lb|
*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles
Transitioning to Wellness: It is important to slowly transition your puppy from his/her current diet as it takes a few days for the body to adapt to the new nutrient levels. To transition, gradually mix in the new food over a 5-7 day period, increasing the amount of Wellness each day, so that you are feeding 100% Wellness by day 7.
How to Feed Your Puppy: As puppies grow up they need to learn when, where and how to eat. Depending on age, puppies need to be fed at the same time and in the same place 2 - 4 times per day. Food should be removed after 20 minutes, if not eaten. In the beginning, puppy's food can be moistened with a little warm water.
Determining Feeding Portions: Looking at the chart below, divide the total cups per day by the total number of times you feed your puppy per day to determine the portion size for each meal. Keep a clean bowl of fresh water available at all times. Wellness believes in feeding dry and wet food in combination whenever possible to help increase the level of water in your puppy's diet.
Every puppy is a little different, so optimal feeding amounts may vary with age, size, activity level, breed and environment. Your vet can help determine your puppy’s optimal daily caloric intake for healthy growth and weight. Please use the information below as an initial recommendation only and adjust as needed.
RECOMMENDED FEEDING PORTIONS (Based on a standard 8 oz dry measuring cup)
|WEIGHT(LBS)||6-11 WKS(CUPS/DAY)||3-4 MOS(CUPS/DAY)||5-7 MOS(CUPS/DAY)||8-12 MOS(CUPS/DAY)|
Combination Feeding: If feeding with wet food, reduce dry amount by 1/8 cup for every 6 oz of wet food.
For Pregnant or Nursing Dogs: When pregnant, feed up to 50% more food according to body weight at 12 mos. For nursing dogs, allow her to eat at will.
Calorie Content: This food contains 3,790 kcal per kilogram or 480 kcal per cup ME (metabolizable energy) on an as fed basis (calculated).
Nutritional Adequacy Guarantee: 100% Complete and Balanced Nutrition for Your Dog
AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles
Wellness® Small Breed Complete Health Puppy Turkey, Oatmeal & Salmon Meal Recipe Dog Food is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles for growth and gestation/lactation.