WELLNESS COMPLETE HEALTH Small Breed Adult Dog Food - Complete Health Dry Dog Food
With mighty souls but little bodies, your small breed dog has a unique physical composition that creates special nutritional needs. Our Small Breed Complete Health Adult Deboned Turkey & Oatmeal Recipe is designed to support the unique health needs of smaller dogs through nutrient-rich whole foods.
- Optimal Caloric Intake to Support Healthy Body Weight.
- 4 Animal Protein Sources for High Energy Needs and Lean/Strong Muscles.
- Omega 3 and 6 Mix to Help Support Healthy Skin & Coat.
- Sophisticated Tastes- When it comes to taste, small breed dogs have discerning palates. With satisfaction guaranteed, we use real turkey to provide a natural taste that little dogs love, without loading their diet with fat.
- Higher Energy Needs- The extra energy your small dog needs should come from protein and not just fat. To help maintain optimal weight and healthy body mass, we use 4 quality animal protein sources including deboned turkey, chicken, salmon, and menhaden fish meals.
- Up to 50% Longer Life Spans- With a life expectancy of up to 20 years, small breed’s life-systems need nutritional support to stay strong. Our Complete Health Recipe is packed with antioxidant-rich fruits and veggies, vitamins and minerals to help support cellular health.
- Smaller Digestive Tracts- Small breeds need to get lots of nutrition from the little portions they consume. We include live, naturally-occurring microorganisms to support digestive health and we ensure optimal nutrient absorption through our Digestool® confirmation studies – less nutrients in the stool, means more nutrients in the body.
- Need for Skin & Coat Support- Life indoors with extra lap time and petting means that little dogs need nourished skin that produces a healthy coat. To support healthy skin, we add flaxseed and salmon oil as part of our WellCoat® Omega 3 & Omega 6 Mix.
Available in: 4 lb. & 12 lb. bags.
Deboned Turkey, Chicken Meal, Salmon Meal, Oatmeal, Ground Brown Rice, Ground Barley, Rye Flour, Chicken Fat (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Menhaden Fish Meal, Tomato Pomace, Natural Chicken Flavor, Pea Fiber, Tomatoes, Salmon Oil, Ground Flaxseed, Carrots, Spinach, Potassium Chloride, Apples, Sweet Potatoes, Blueberries, Vitamin E Supplement, Mixed Tocopherols added to preserve freshness, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate, Taurine, Zinc Proteinate, Zinc Sulfate, Calcium Carbonate, Niacin, Ferrous Sulfate, Iron Proteinate, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Beta-Carotene, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Chondroitin Sulfate, Chicory Root Extract, Vitamin A Supplement, Copper Sulfate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Manganese Sulfate, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Sodium Selenite, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Biotin, Calcium Iodate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Folic Acid, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Dried Lactobacillus plantarum Fermentation Product, Dried Enterococcus faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus casei Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus Fermentation Product, Rosemary Extract, Green Tea Extract, Spearmint Extract.
This is a naturally preserved product.
|Protein||Not Less Than||28.00%|
|Fat||Not Less Than||15.00%|
|Fiber||Not More Than||4.00%|
|Moisture||Not More Than||11.00%|
|Calcium||Not Less Than||1.20%|
|Phosphorus||Not Less Than||0.90%|
|Vitamin E||Not Less Than||400 IU/kg|
|Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)*||Not Less Than||100 mg/kg|
|Omega 6 Fatty Acids*||Not Less Than||3.00%|
|Omega 3 Fatty Acids*||Not Less Than||0.50%|
|Glucosamine*||Not Less Than||250 mg/kg|
|Chondroitin Sulfate||Not Less Than||200 mg/kg|
|Beta-Carotene*||Not Less Than||5 mg/kg|
|Taurine*||Not Less Than||0.09%|
|Total Lactic Acid Microorganisms (Lactobacillus plantarum, Enterococcus faecium, Lactobacillus casei, Lactobacillus acidophilus in equal amounts)*||Not Less Than||20,000,000 CFU/lb|
*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles.
Transitioning to Wellness: It is important to slowly transition your dog from his/her current diet as it takes a few days for the body to adapt to the new nutrient levels. To transition, gradually mix in the new food over a 5-7 day period, increasing the amount of Wellness each day, so that you are feeding 100% Wellness by day 7.
Determining Feeding Portions: : Looking at the chart below, divide the total cups per day by the total number of times you feed your dog per day to determine the portion size for each meal. Keep a clean bowl of fresh water available at all times. Wellness believes in feeding dry and wet food in combination whenever possible to help increase the level of water in your dog's diet.
Recommended Feeding Portions (Based on a standard 8 oz dry measuring cup)
Every dog is a little different, so optimal feeding amounts may vary with age, size and activity level. Please use the information below as an initial recommendation only and adjust when needed.
|WEIGHT OF DOGS (LBS)||CUPS/DAY|
|2-4||1/4 - 1/2|
|5-8||1/2 - 3/4|
|9-12||3/4 - 1|
|13-16||1 - 1 1/4|
|17-20||1 1/4 - 1 1/2|
|21-25||1 1/2 - 1 3/4|
Combination Feeding: If feeding with wet food, reduce dry amount by 1/8 cup for every 2 tbsp of wet food.
Calorie Content: This food contains 3,740 kcal/kg or 420 kcal/cup ME (metabolizable energy) on an as fed basis (calculated).
Nutritional Adequacy Guarantee: 100% Complete and Balanced Nutrition for Your Small Breed Dog
Nutrition is only one part of the equation! Be sure to give your dog plenty of love, plenty of exercise and see your veterinarian regularly to help ensure total wellness.
AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles
Wellness® Small Breed Complete Health Adult Turkey & Oatmeal Recipe is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO) Dog Food Nutrient Profiles for adult maintenance.