WELLNESS COMPLETE HEALTH Large Breed Puppy Health Dry Dog Food
With a longer growth cycle and faster potential growth rate, your large breed puppy has a unique physical composition that creates special nutritional needs. Our Large Breed Complete Health Puppy Deboned Chicken, Brown Rice & Salmon Meal Recipe is designed to support the unique health needs of larger dogs through nutrient-rich whole foods.
- Controlled Energy Intake for Paced Growth
- Precise Calcium and Phosphorus Levels Guaranteed to aid in Controlled Bone Development
- DHA Fatty Acid Supports Brain & Eye Development
- Controlled Bone Development- Optimal skeletal development depends on appropriate amounts of calcium and phosphorus. We carefully control these mineral levels and then guarantee their accuracy on every bag - so you can be sure your puppy will grow strong bones at the right pace.
- Paced, Steady Growth Rate- With potential growth up to 100 times their birth weight, a large breed puppy's energy intake must be regulated to ensure consistent, steady growth. That's why this special recipe controls calories with 20% less fat than Wellness Complete Health Puppy Deboned Chicken, Oatmeal & Salmon Meal Recipe.
- The Right Start to a Healthy Weight- With more weight on larger frames, maintaining ideal body condition is a big concern. Since lean muscle is the foundation of healthy weight, this recipe has 26% protein with 4 quality animal protein sources to help develop strong, lean muscle.
- 50% Longer Growth Cycle- Some large breeds are considered puppies for up to 24 months so they need a healthy food that tastes great day after day. With satisfaction guaranteed, we use deboned chicken and whitefish to provide natural taste that puppies love.
Available in: 30 lb.& 15 lb.bags.
Deboned Chicken, Whitefish, Chicken Meal, Oatmeal, Peas, Ground Barley, Ground Brown Rice, Salmon Meal, Tomato Pomace, Chicken Fat (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Natural Chicken Flavor, Tomatoes, Ground Flaxseed, Salmon Oil, Carrots, Apples, Spinach, Sweet Potatoes, Blueberries, Salt, Vitamin E Supplement, Choline Chloride, Chicory Root Extract, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Taurine, Mixed Tocopherols added to preserve freshness, Zinc Proteinate, Zinc Sulfate, Calcium Carbonate, Niacin, Ferrous Sulfate, Iron Proteinate, Beta-Carotene, Vitamin A Supplement, Copper Sulfate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Manganese Sulfate, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Sodium Selenite, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Biotin, Calcium Iodate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Folic Acid, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Dried Lactobacillus plantarum Fermentation Product, Dried Enterococcus faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus casei Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus Fermentation Product, Rosemary Extract, Green Tea Extract, Spearmint Extract.
This is a naturally preserved product.
|Crude Protein||Not Less Than||26.00%|
|Crude Fat||Not Less Than||12.00%|
|Crude Fat||Not More Than||13.50%|
|Crude Fiber||Not More Than||5.00%|
|Moisture||Not More Than||10.00%|
|Calcium||Not Less Than||1.10%|
|Calcium||Not More Than||1.50%|
|Phosphorus||Not Less Than||0.90%|
|Phosphorus||Not More Than||1.20%|
|Vitamin E||Not Less Than||400 IU/kg|
|Omega 6 Fatty Acids*||Not Less Than||2.50%|
|Omega 3 Fatty Acids*||Not Less Than||0.50%|
|Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA)*||Not Less Than||0.13%|
|Beta Carotene*||Not Less Than||5 mg/kg|
|Taurine*||Not Less Than||0.09%|
|Total Lactic Acid Microorganisms (Lactobacillus plantarum, Enterococcus faecium, Lactobacillus casei, Lactobacillus acidophilus in equal amounts)*||Not Less Than||20,000,000 CFU/lb|
*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles.
Transitioning to Wellness: It is important to slowly transition your puppy from his/her current diet as it takes a few days for the body to adapt to the new nutrient levels. To transition, gradually mix in the new food over a 5-7 day period, increasing the amount of Wellness each day, so that you are feeding 100% Wellness by day 7.
How to Feed Your Puppy: As puppies grow up they need to learn when, where and how to eat. Depending on age, puppies need to be fed at the same time and in the same place 2 - 4 times per day. Food should be removed after 20 minutes, if not eaten. In the beginning, puppy's food can be moistened with a little warm water. It is very important that your puppy not overeat, as this can lead to skeletal development issues in large breeds.
Determining Feeding Portions: Looking at the chart below, divide the total cups per day by the total number of times you feed your puppy per day to determine the portion size for each meal. Keep a clean bowl of fresh water available at all times. Wellness believes in feeding dry and wet food in combination whenever possible to help increase the level of water in your puppy's diet.
Recommended Feeding Portions (Based on a standard 8 oz dry measuring cup)
Every dog is a little different, so optimal feeding amounts may vary with age, size and activity level. Please use the information below as an initial recommendation only and adjust when needed.
|10||1 ½||1 ½||-||-||-||-|
|20||2 ½||2 ½||2||-||-||-|
|30||3 ½||3 ½||2 ¾||-||-||-|
|40||4 ¼||4 ¼||3 ½||-||-||-|
|50||5||5||4||4||3 ½||3 ¼|
|60||-||5 ½||4 ¾||4 ½||4||3 ¾|
|70||-||6 ¼||5 ¼||5||4 ½||4|
|80||-||7||5 ¾||5 ½||5||4 ½|
|90||-||7 ½||6 ¼||6||5 ½||5|
|100||-||-||-||6 ½||5 ¾||5 ¼|
Dogs over 100 lbs: Add ¼ cup per additional 10 lbs.
For pregnant or nursing dogs: Since DHA is transferred to puppies in mother’s milk, we recommend feeding this during pregnancy and nursing. When pregnant, feed up to 50% more food according to body weight for 12 mos. For nursing dogs, allow her to eat at will.
Combination Feeding: If feeding with wet food, reduce dry amount by 1/3 cup for every 6 oz of wet food.
Calorie Content: This food contains 3,520 kcal/kg or 366 kcal/cup ME (metabolizable energy) on an as fed basis (calculated).
Nutritional Adequacy Guarantee: 100% Complete and Balanced Nutrition for Your Large Breed Puppy
Nutrition is only one part of the equation! Be sure to give your puppy plenty of love, plenty of exercise and see your veterinarian regularly to help ensure total wellness.
AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles
Wellness® Large Breed Complete Health Puppy Deboned Chicken, Brown Rice & Salmon Meal Recipe is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO) Dog Food Nutrient Profiles for growth and gestation/lactation.