WELLNESS COMPLETE HEALTH Large Breed Adult Dog Food - Complete Health Dry Dog Food
With grand scale and greater weight, your large breed dog has a unique physical composition that creates special nutritional needs. Our Large Breed Complete Health Adult Recipe is designed to support the unique health needs of larger dogs through nutrient-rich whole foods.
- Lean Muscle Support from 4 Animal Protein Sources.
- Optimal Caloric Intake to Promote Healthy Body Weight.
- Obesity is a bigger challenge for Large Breeds- Extra weight puts extra stress on a large frame, so it's important for your dog to feel satiated without consuming excess calories. With moderate fat, this recipe helps control energy intake allowing your dog to eat enough and still maintain a healthy weight every day.
- Small Digestive Tracts Relative to Body Size- It is important for large breeds to easily digest and process food. We include live, naturally-occurring microorganisms to support digestive health and we ensure optimal nutrient absorption through our Digestool®confirmation studies - less nutrients in the stool, means more nutrients in the body.
- Higher Percentage of Muscle Mass- With greater size, there is more muscle to support and keep strong so we use 13% more protein than our Wellness Complete Health Adult Recipes.
- Keeps Joints Healthy- Carrying an average weight of 100 pounds is hard work. To help keep joints healthy, this recipe features our Wellflex® system - 750 mg/kg of glucosamine hydrochloride and 250 mg/kg of chondroitin sulfate.
- Large Breeds Tend to Eat Too Fast- This bigger, rounder kibble is designed to promote proper chewing time in larger mouths. We also guarantee your dog will love the taste of each healthy, flavorful bite.
Available in: 30 lb. & 15 lb. bags.
Deboned Chicken, Whitefish, Chicken Meal, Ground Brown Rice, Oatmeal, Peas, Ground Barley, Tomato Pomace, Salmon Meal, Chicken Fat (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Natural Chicken Flavor, Tomatoes, Ground Flaxseed, Carrots, Apples, Spinach, Sweet Potatoes, Blueberries, Vitamin E Supplement, Choline Chloride, Chicory Root Extract, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Taurine, Mixed Tocopherols added to preserve freshness, Zinc Proteinate, Zinc Sulfate, Calcium Carbonate, Niacin, Ferrous Sulfate, Iron Proteinate, Beta-Carotene, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Chondroitin Sulfate, Vitamin A Supplement, Copper Sulfate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Manganese Sulfate, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Sodium Selenite, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Biotin, Calcium Iodate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Folic Acid, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Dried Lactobacillus plantarum Fermentation Product, Dried Enterococcus faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus casei Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus Fermentation Product, Rosemary Extract, Green Tea Extract, Spearmint Extract.
This is a naturally preserved product.
|Crude Protein||Not Less Than||25.00%|
|Crude Fat||Not Less Than||11.00%|
|Crude Fiber||Not More Than||5.00%|
|Moisture||Not More Than||11.00%|
|Calcium||Not Less Than||1.20%|
|Phosphorus||Not Less Than||0.75%|
|Vitamin E||Not Less Than||400 IU/kg|
|Omega 6 Fatty Acids*||Not Less Than||2.50%|
|Omega 3 Fatty Acids*||Not Less Than||0.50%|
|Glucosamine*||Not Less Than||750 mg/kg|
|Chondroitin Sulfate*||Not Less Than||250 mg/kg|
|Beta-Carotene*||Not Less Than||5 mg/kg|
|Taurine*||Not Less Than||0.09%|
|Total Lactic Acid Microorganisms (Lactobacillus plantarum, Enterococcus faecium, Lactobacillus casei, Lactobacillus acidophilus in equal amounts)*||Not Less Than||20,000,000 CFU/lb|
*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles.
Transitioning to Wellness: It is important to slowly transition your dog from his/her current diet as it takes a few days for the body to adapt to the new nutrient levels. To transition, gradually mix in the new food over a 5-7 day period, increasing the amount of Wellness each day, so that you are feeding 100% Wellness by day 7.
Determining Feeding Portions: Looking at the chart below, divide the total cups per day by the total number of times you feed your dog per day to determine the portion size for each meal. Keep a clean bowl of fresh water available at all times. Wellness believes in feeding dry and wet food in combination whenever possible to help increase the level of water in your dog's diet.
Recommended Feeding Portions (Based on a standard 8 oz dry measuring cup)
Every dog is a little different, so optimal feeding amounts may vary with age, size and activity level. Please use the information below as an initial recommendation only and adjust when needed.
WEIGHT OF DOGS (LBS)
|50-60||3 ½ - 4|
|61-70||4 - 4 ½|
|71-80||4 ½ - 4 ¾|
|81-90||5 - 5 ¼|
|91-100||5 ¼ - 5 ¾|
|101-110||5 ¾ - 6 ¼|
|111 - 120||6 ¼ - 6 ½|
|121 - 140||6 ¾ - 7 ½|
|141 - 160||7 ½ - 8 ¼|
|161 - 180||8 ¼ - 9|
Dogs over 180 lbs: Add ¼ cup per additional 10 lbs.
Combination Feeding: If feeding with wet food, reduce dry amount by 1/3 cup for every 6 oz of wet food.
Calorie Content: This food contains 3,360 kcal/kg or 336 kcal/cup ME (metabolizable energy) on an as fed basis (calculated).
Nutrition is only one part of the equation! Be sure to give your dog plenty of love, plenty of exercise and see your veterinarian regularly to help ensure total wellness.
Nutritional Adequacy Guarantee: 100% Complete and Balanced Nutrition for Your Dog
AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles
Wellness® Large Breed Complete Health Adult Deboned Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO) Dog Food Nutrient Profiles for maintenance.