TRI-ACTA Regular Strength Joint Support for Dogs and Cats (Integricare)
Integricare has designed the TRI-ACTAcombination to provide pet owners with a proactive stategy to assist in creating a healthy joint environment by combining glucosamine and chondroitin in forms demonstrated to be active with MSM in the treatment of degenerative joint disease, arthritis and ailments associated with hip dysplasia.
TRI-ACTA is a combination of Glucosamine, Chondroitin and MSM, when blended together, have a synergistic effect that enhances the synthesis of new cartilage, muscle tissue and ligaments. The synthesis of new cartilage treats the cartilage matrix at the cellular level, and allows the body to heal itself.
TRI-ACTA, a combination of the natural supplements Glucosamine, Chondroitin and MSM, is designed to:
- Promote healthy cartilage
- Increase joint lubrication
- Minimize inflammation
TRI-ACTA - A winning combination!
The benefits of oral Glucosamine, Chondroitin and MSM have been shown in many different types of animals, as well as in human studies, where joint health has improved
Glucosamine, Chondroitin and MSM have the following benefits:
- Glucosamine is a fundamental building block necessary for the synthesis of key joint structures including cartilage and joint fluid
- Chondroitin stimulates the production of glycosaminoglycans (GAGs),a core component of cartilage
- Both glucosamine and chondroitin inhibit the degradation of proteoglycans,important in ongoing sound joint function
- The combination of the two has been found to be bioavailable, and is reported to safely alleviate symptoms of degenerative joint disease
- MSM may be important in helping the body form a strong collagen matrix and is purported to help animals move more freely and easily, particularly in cases of soft tissue injury
If your pet suffers from degenerative joint disease (DJD) due to an arthritic condition or has been diagnosed with hip dysplasia, TRI-ACTA will address the chronic pain associated with these conditions including recent flare-ups. In the long run, TRI-ACTA can minimize or even reverse the degeneration process and associated pain. With increased mobility, quality of life should improve, a sense of well-being are often seen and playful behavior may be noticed.
In evaluations in dogs and other animals, glucosamine-chondroitin supplementation has resulted in:
- Less inflammation
- Less lameness
- Increased mobility
- Reduced severity of cartilage breakdown
- Improved flexibility
Surveyed veterinarians reported that over 80% of the dogs in their practice supplemented with glucosamine- chondroitin had reduced pain, improved mobility and improved attitude.
Using the measuring scoop provided, simply sprinkle desired amount on food.
Each scoop contains:
- Glucosamine Sulfate 250 mg
- Glucosamine Hydrochloride 250 mg
- Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) 375 mg
- Chondroitin Sulfate 125 mg
Recommended Daily Feeding Level:
- Under 10 lbs. (4.5kg) 0.5 scoop
- 10-35 lbs. (4.5-16 kg) 1 scoop
- 35-75 lbs. (16-35 kg) 1.5 - 2 scoops
- 75-100 lbs. (35-50 kg) 2 - 3 scoops
Feed TRI-ACTA at the loading dose for 4 weeks, followed by ongoing feeding at the maintenance dose. The servings per dose may be divided over two meals daily.
The time to achieve a positive response will vary depending on the severity of each condition. If improvement is noticed within four weeks, proceed to the maintenance level. If not, continue the loading dose until the desired response is achieved and then reduce to the maintenance dose.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the use of TRI-ACTA, consult your veterinarian.
Integricare follows GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) standards. Certificates of analysis have consistently validated our requirements for quality. We are very proud of the fact that we use only high quality ingredients with no fillers. Our labels make it easy to validate the contents in each container of an Integricare product.
The dosage of TRI-ACTA will vary depending upon the condition and size of your pet. TRI-ACTA is sold in a variety of sizes to meet your needs*:
- 60 gram container (60 servings)
- 160 gram container (160 servings)
- 300 gram container (300 servings)
* Based on one 1000 mg serving per day for average size dog of 35-50 lbs. Dosage will vary depending upon condition and size of animal.
What are Glucosamine, Chondroitin and MSM?
Glucosamine Sulfate is a component of the mucopolysaccharides that provides structure to the bone and cartilage as well as other tissues. Glucosamine Sulfate is one of the biological chemicals that form the major cushioning ingredients of a joint's synovial fluid. When used as a dietary supplement, it is absorbed daily, lubricating and nourishing the cartilage cells and in turn producing more healthy cartilage cells.
Chondroitin Sulfate consists of Glycosaminoglycans (GAGs), Glucuronic Acid and Galactosamine. The structure of the cartilage matrix allows Chondroitin to contribute to joint lubrication by helping to sweep nutrients into the cartilage. The arrangement of Chondroitin, along with collagen and water in the cartilage, enables the cartilage to provide a tough, wear-resistant, weight-bearing surface with shock absorbing effects. Chondroitin Sulfate may also have the ability to accelerate wound and ulcer healing, as well as promote cardiovascular health.
MSM is a healthy and safe dietary supplement that provides sulfur, which is required to utilize vitamins and amino acids needed for healthy ligaments, tendons, heart valves and all connective tissue. MSM is also thought to relieve swelling, inflammation and pain.