EASY WALK HARNESS by Premier
Easy Walk™ Harness
The Easy Walk Harness is designed to gently discourage your dog from pulling while walking on a leash.
Why it works:
Traditional harnesses can actually encourage dogs to pull harder because of the “opposition reflex.” That’s the reflex that makes sled dogs do what they do. TheEasy Walk Harness' unique front-chest leash attachment stops pulling by tightening slightly across your dog's chest and shoulder blades. The gentle pressure steers your dog to the side and redirecting his attention back towards you. The Easy Walk Harness never causes coughing, gagging, or choking because the chest strap rests low across the breastbone, not on the delicate tracheal area.
- A quick snap buckle on both the shoulder and belly straps make it easier to get the harness on and off.
- Soft, but strong nylon and four adjustment points provide maximum comfort and a reliable fit.
- The belly strap is an attractive complementary color - making it easy to identify which strap goes over the shoulders and which goes under the belly.
Fitting The Harness
- Open the quick-snap buckle on the belly strap.
- Place the shoulder strap over the dog’s head with the chest strap resting on the dog’s chest.
- Tighten belly strap to a comfortably snug fit. On medium-sized dogs, only allow room for about a finger’s width under the strap. Allow a bit more for larger dogs, less for smaller dogs.
- Gently press fingers on the lower part of the front of the dog’s chest to locate the breastbone.
- Adjust the shoulder strap so that when the chest strap is horizontal (parallel to the ground), the chest strap rests directly over the breast bone.
- AFTERyou have tightened both the shoulder and belly straps, adjust the chest strap to fit securely. It should rest nearly parallel to the ground, not “hang down” or gap.
- You may need to remove the harness to make these adjustments.
- When the shoulder strap is fitted correctly, the chest strap should resemble a horizontal line (parallel to the ground), and it will rest directly over the breastbone.
- Attach the leash to the D-ring on the chest strap.
NOTE: AVAILABLE IN 5 SIZES ONLY. SIZES PETITE/SMALL, SMALL/MEDIUM AND MEDIUM/LARGE ARE NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE.